Saturday, April 30, 2011

Shrapnel

As I sit here staring at my Dad's purple heart pinned to a picture frame of him standing in front of a cannon, I'm thinking of Shrapnel. It was 1944. My Dad was in Germany. He was in a fox hole when "Boom" it hit, yes the bomb hit. Shrapnel entered the left side of his body and his buddy was killed.
Doctor's could not remove all of it, as it was too close to his heart. Too close! My Father lived until he was 74 years old with shrapnel in his side. I remember as a kid looking at the scar with typical  things going through a kids mind. "How did that happen?" "Where did you get that scar Dad?" He had a close call. The fact is, I would not be here if he had died on that battlefield.

Have you ever thought about that? Thought about how God has watched over not only you, but over your parents so you could be born? Yes God has a plan for you. He has watched over you and is continuing to do so. Be obedient to His will. God saved my Dad's life. Now I'm here. I guess I better get busy......I guess you better get busy too.
        “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
         before you were born I set you apart."  Jer.1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment